We may, where permitted or required by law, provide personal identifying information to third parties (including credit bureaus or collection agencies) without your consent in an effort to collect a debt we or a related organization is owed and or to comply with court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requirements and or to notify a responsible governmental entity if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires or justifies disclosure without delay.
Although unlikely, in certain instances we may disclose your personally identifiable information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to AreaRugs.com, or to others. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe the law requires it.
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, promotional services, etc. We call them Merchant Service Providers. We provide our Merchant Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We request our Merchant Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
Collecting Information About You
In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but individual users will remain anonymous, unless you voluntarily tell us who you are.
There may be times (such as when you purchase or order a product, subscribe to a service, register to receive catalogs, or to participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, etc.) at which we ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, shipping/billing address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, etc. We also maintain a record of your online product purchases. Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products, or access certain services, offers and content on our web site.
Editing, Updating, Correcting and Deleting Information About You
We want your experience at AreaRugs.com to be a positive one.
If you prefer not to receive information from us please let us know by contacting us.
When sending email please be sure to include your email address, full name, and specifically what information you do not want to receive.
If you would like to update or correct your email address, street address or other personal information please contact us using one of the methods indicated above.
Please note that sometimes these requests may take up to 4-8 weeks to be effective, particularly if we are removing your name from postal mailings. In addition, when you purchase from us online or through our catalogs, or when you choose to enter a sweepstakes or other promotion, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive communications.
Please remember, if you delete certain information you may not be able to continue to purchase products or access other portions of our web site without entering additional information.
AreaRugs.com uses the latest technology to protect the security of the personal information that you share with us.
- Our site is scanned often and thoroughly to ensure it is safe and free of hackers by an independent company.
- Controlscan tests our site daily to ensure it passes the FBI/SANS internet security test. We add another layer of protection with our partners at GEO Trust. They verify our use of 128 bit SSL for the HIGHEST level of encryption technology possible.
- Site has been verified to the highest security standards of American Express, Visa, Master Card, Discover, and JCB with the guidance of Controlscan.
- We DO NOT EVER sell or distribute your information to other retailers for any purpose whatsoever.
- We DO NOT keep any of your credit card or bank information at all. The data is sent over a secure connection electronically, once an approval code is obtained, we do not maintain your payment information, as an even further layer of payment security.
- We electronically verify that the credit card you use is valid, and yours through technologically superior and highly stringent methods.
- As technologies advance, AreaRugs.com stays at the forefront of such enhancements to assure our customers the very finest and safest online experience. If you have any questions regarding our tireless dedication to your secure and satisfying shopping experience, please contact us.
PLEASE NOTE: No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to protect its security on our systems.
We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet cafe.
Links to Third Party Sites
Jurisdiction & Enforceability
Any action relating to the use of the Web Site, catalogs or any transaction with AreaRugs.com must be brought in the state or federal courts located in the Iowa City, IA.
If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be deemed unenforceable or contrary to law, the rest of these terms & conditions shall remain in full effect and interpreted in an enforceable manner that most nearly captures the intent of the original language.